Weeks 34 and 35 have been crazy busy! First, we had parent teacher conferences at school last week, and I worked 13 hour days for three of the five days. SO tired! Then, we have been on the go and getting things ready with the nursery, but still not as much as I would like to have done. We had Valentine's Day celebrations this week... it was great! I know it's sappy, but it is our last Valentine's day as just the two of us to worry about. We went and got massages together at this amazing spa here, then we went to eat. The next night, we grilled steaks and went to a movie together. We stretched it out for two dates! :) It really was a great way to just enjoy each other as much as we can before our little one comes. Not that we won't then, but I hear it's fewer and far between opportunities.
Thursday, I stayed home from work. I had stayed on my feet the night before making birthday cakes for my little nephew's birthday. They were elmo cakes. They turned out great, and I didn't think I was tired at the time. BUT... I woke up the next morning at 3 am sick. I started my morning sickness way to early, and just couldn't get a handle on it. My body and mind were just tired, and I guess the busy days caught up with me. I ended up sleeping all morning, and then woke up feeling quite a bit better. I had already had a doctor appointment set up, so I went to that to make sure all was well. The doctor checked me and Zoe, and things looked good. Here are the latest updates:
Zoe: Her heart beat rate was 156. She was moving all around. She measured right on track, and might just be a tall girl. :)
Me: I had good blood pressure and urine results. No problems or infections. She checked me to see if I was dropped yet... and although it feels like it, I am not ready to have Zoe quite yet! My cervix is still closed, and there were no signs of damage or leaking in the amnio fluids. I gained a pound this past week, and my total weight gain so far is 15-16 pounds. Besides feeling tired all the time, I am doing pretty good. I still get morning/night sickness occasionally, heartburn isn't fun, and sleeping is tough. But, only 4 weeks to go!
Nursery: It's coming along. I will post pictures soon in order to show off her furniture, etc. She has everything "big" right now, it's just getting all of the small stuff bought, washed, and organized. This is a task that I am working on this weekend. :)
Thursday, I was home and I read a mini daily devotional out of a book my mom had bought be at Christmas. The craziest thing was that i opened it up to the marker, which I have never read any of the book, and the marker was on the exact date! The cool thing was that the message was about times of sickness and weakness. It talked about taking advantage of our moments of rest and seeing God in them. Taking the time to Thank God for so many things, including a chance to be still and quiet with him. This is something I don't do near as much as I should. Just to take time and thank Him for all He is doing around me. So, yesterday was great. It was a wonderful way to "be still" and rest.
Since I was late to post, hopefully my next post will be shortly following. :) I have an appointment on Wednesday (my 36 week testing, ultra sound for baby size, etc.). SO, I am sure I will have many things to update on!
No comments:
Post a Comment