Saturday, October 6, 2012

All kinds of changes...

As a little update, I have to blog about the new things Zoe has been up to. First off, FOOD. Let me just mention that I had no idea how picky my little cutie was until this happened: She was exclusively breastfed with my breast milk until 6 months... which was my goal. However, I guess I never thought of the fact that this was all she was used to, and anything else... such as formula, would be horrifying to her! lol. The first taste of it was spit out all over the place! Honestly, I can't really blame her. Have you smelled that stuff or even tasted it! YUCK! Anyway, because I made it to 6 months and would be introducing all different first stage foods, I decided to start adding in a little formula to her bottles for a little " extra". It's just nice to know that she will take formula and it takes the pressure off of me to pump at work if I can't get the time. I'm still nursing and hope it  finally stays easy as we continue on.  Anyway, after a quick decision, I started adding an ounce to each of the pumped bottles. This gave her a little taste and helped her not think it was too gross each time. :) Thankfully, she now is fine with the mixture of half and half and it's not a big deal when she has to have it. Phew! Then, we started the cereal. I started cereal before adding formula actually. I forgot that. But, she started with rice, and then we did oatmeal. She was pretty good with both. In fact, we feed her with the spoon, and she LOVES it. She is definitely a " I want to feed myself" kind of gal. She wants to hold the spoon by herself.. which obviously is a big fat mess. ( But I let her sometimes because it's pretty funny to watch!) We started with sweet potatoes, then squash, then carrots, and then apples. She made about the funniest face with squash. And she simply spit the carrots. SO, we will keep working on it. :) I mix applesauce with her oatmeal in the mornings and she likes it a lot. But, sadly, the new phase of eating has caused a new phase of poop.... POOP stinks!

Although Zoe slept in her crib in our room ( her bassinet pack n play) for almost 6 months, she is officially in her own room across the house. :( This was for sure a decision by mom and dad rather than her. I am sure she would have been fine sooner, but since I still nursed and get up early for work, it was just easiest to keep her across the room instead of across the house! But, she is so funny to watch now, and she puts herself to sleep after about 10 minutes of playing, talking, and rolling back and forth in her crib until she is probably dizzy! She also keeps trying to have a play date at 1 a.m. each morning... but this must stop! ;) We let her talk and whine last night for about an hour to realize that she had dropped her paci behind the crib and couldn't get it! ha! If only we have know about 59 minutes earlier!

Things are going by SO SO fast, and it makes me sad. She  tries to sit up mostly by herself, but still will roll over occasionally. She has started the teething from about 3 months, but no tooth yet. She started scooting and crawling backwards, but hasn't gotten the forwards completely down yet. She rolls everywhere! She jumps forwards on all fours though... oh, and she is a QUEEN at pushups. This will be a memory we will always remember! She was destined to be a fan of cardio and aerobics I think!

"Zoe, you are about the silliest and most joyful baby I know! I love that you have a sassy personality already and you have a smile that lights up the room! We love you SO very much. I can't imagine what we would do everyday now. We spend our nights laughing at you being silly or learning something new, or how cute you look in the  crazy outfits we get you, etc, etc. It's fun..... and we are soaking it all up! God knew exactly what he was doing when he blessed us with you! We love you, Zoe Kate!"  Mommy and Daddy



No comments:

Post a Comment