Sunday, March 17, 2013

Our little One year old!

Well,
As much as I want to sob and whine about time going by too fast, I can't. Although time has FLOWN by this past year, it has also brought amazing milestones and memories for our family! Seriously, all that blog know that we mostly post the best things about ourselves. We do. It's true. :) But, for most of us, it's the things that we want to remember about our children! lol. I have tried to think hard about this post and post all I can remember about the struggles AND the excitement of this past year. I hope to look back and read this while I am holding baby number two ( someday!). Here we go down memory lane for your first year, Zoe.

I remember day one like it was yesterday ( minus the pain meds from the C-section!). I remember the nurses bringing you to me after they cleaned you up. Although things had been very hectic and scary leading up to your exit/entrance, I specifically remember the way that I changed when they handed you over. I saw and touched you immediately after you arrived, but I didn't get to hold you until they took care of me for a few minutes. I remember when the two nurses brought you to me and I just held you... I stared at you and wondered what in the world I would do with you! I didn't know exactly how things would play out... how to nurse you, how to bathe you, how to love you?! But, in the second that I held you I knew you were ours! You were immediately going to change our lives forever, and I knew that it would be a good change. Some people dream of being mommies their whole life. I didn't, I mean I always knew I wanted children, but I didn't know what I would be like. That changed me... I now can't dream of NOT being your mommy... However, From the labor on into the first few weeks of your life, things were a challenge... in adjusting that is. I couldn't get around much, so daddy and Mims helped us out a ton! I remember you being a good baby, but you had some lungs on ya! ;) You had a touch of colic, but it was controllable after we figured out some moves and some gas drops. I was able to get the hang of nursing.... but my word, I never realized how much of a challenge this would be for me! I am very stubborn... SO, We did great and exclusively had breast milk for the first 6 months. Then, we started doing a mix of breast milk and formula. ( I have pumped for a whole year! Still going, but going to be stopping soon now that it's been over a year! You still get your bottles with a mix of BM and formula each day.) Phew.... although it was a struggle for me, you clearly benefited. You are a little chunky pie! I love every single roll! We never had a problem with your eating habits, and you still try pretty much anything we give you. ( You weren't a huge fan of broccoli and cheese though). A little after 6 months you started crawling, doing pushups, hanging on things, and picking up things. You were an active little thing. Once you got crawling down, you took off like a speedy pro! You LOVE pointing at everything, too. You began to do funny squishy faces, fake laugh, and pull up on everything. You also loved to make strange noises all the time! I remember asking our friends if the sounds were normal... they lied and told us yes, but they didn't know either! You would make these gasping/growling noises and I am sure everyone we were around thought you were sick or choking! You just thought it was funny and liked that it tickled your throat. You have ALWAYS been a little trickster and funny girl. I am not going to go through every single milestone, but you have been a joy to watch grow! I was always scared that I would mess something up, or when you were even younger I would cause you to not grow right, or do this or that! Boy... I have realized that parents really just do their best, and then sit back and remind themselves that God has this is control. HE equips us to do the very best we know how. You had your first birthday party yesterday. I have always wanted a reason to be able to decorate up the house with all things "pink and fun" and you were my perfect reason! We did Minnie mouse/ polka dots/ and zebra. Your great grandparents, grandparents, and several friends came to the party. You are one loved chic. When I think back at this year, I just embrace it. I love you dearly, to the point that I am bawling thinking about how the first year is over. BUT, I am smiling thinking that I know for a fact that we loved you and embraced you everyday of your first year.... you have set a pretty high bar for your future siblings! ( Shhh... we will read this to them someday! ;)))) We love you punkin'... Thank you for keeping us smiling all year long. I can't wait to continue watching you grow.

Here are your 12 month latest things:

- You have walked several times. The most that you have walked unassisted is 10 steps. We were so happy for you! You walk around with your shopping cards and walker all the time, though.

-You love people food, drinking from straws/cups, and sharing bites with momma/daddy.

-Your babysitter thinks you are one of the sweetest/happiest babies! We think so, too!

-You were super "neat" while you ate your first bites of cake at your party... So, your daddy smashed your hands all in it to get your "messy"!

-You LOVE to dance, and LOVE music...

-You smile and make the funniest faces!

-You give us a ton of kisses these days! And you even share your paci and try to get us to put it in our mouths... we pretend! ;)


Ok, so I know this was long, but a year is a long time to post about! We love you and are thankful God gave us you. You are spunky, wild, and just beautiful! We love your personality and we pray for you and your future each day. God has great things planned for you Zoe. Just like that song, "It's gonna be wild, it's gonna be great, it's gonna be full of ME." We can't wait to see what those things are. Love you and happy first birthday, Mommy and Daddy
















No comments:

Post a Comment