Saturday, December 7, 2013

Time is flying!!!

 Well..... about three months ago I posted my last blog! Obviously, we have been BUSY!!! The last thing on my mind was to get the blog post done... but alas... I have a couple snow days stuck at home. Let me recap the last few months events!
-Zoe went trick-or-treating and was the cutest "Itsy Bitsy Spider" ever! We went around the neighborhoods, and some friends homes. Then, we let her eat a few pieces of candy. It's been downhill ever since because now anytime she sees candy she feels like she is entitled to try it! ( I have caught her a couple times finding lollipops and unwrapping them to help herself!)
-We got family pictures made. Let's just say that Zoe has the wit to steal the show and be stubborn or ham it up all in one session! She definitely has a mind of her own!!!
-For Thanksgiving we went to Chris' families in Central Arkansas. We spent the long weekend there and enjoyed visiting with cousins and grandparents. Zoe loves her older cousins so much and really had fun playing with the "bog kids". She kept up for the most part!
-Snow day! This week has been her first official "snow days" that she gets to play in. Last year she saw snow but was so little she didn't get to play in it. It's been fun!


Ok, here are the latest with our spunky 20 month old!
For the last three months, she honestly has become a little person! She talks up a storm and I can carry on an actual conversation with her! She is smart. I know that every parent thinks this of their child, but I am really impressed with how little minds work. She figures things out, and really understands things that I would never give her credit for. We have also been introducing the potty idea for a while because since 15 months, she has been ready. Honestly, I feel bad because I am really holding her back until I have a sold couple of weeks home with her. ( like the summer time?) We know when we potty, and how to put our pants and pullups on, and off. Although it still frustrates her when she can't get her legs through, and then there is a massive panic fit! ;) She tells us "pee pee" or "poop" and most of the time she is right. She wipes, and such... but she still doesn't go "on" the potty! We will get there when momma has some time to be thorough with her! Here are the latest things about Zoe...

-Weighs 28 lbs. and is 33 in. tall.
-Words mostly said: All names ( grandparents, family members, little friends...), church, baby doll, potty, pee, poop, snowman, santa, yes, no, pouch, snack, orange, apple, fruit, play, bye bye, see ya, hello, thank you, you're welcome, I love you, couch, Christmas tree, silly, yay, bible, i-pad, phone, computer, song, music, please, spaghetti, milk, water, ( All animals names), toys, and many many more that I can't remember at the time!  All I know is that you will be like your momma and be a talker!
-Songs: You love to sing! Love to dance!!! Your favorite songs are "Jesus Loves me", "Old McDonald", "I'm a little Tea Pot", "Twinkle Little Star", "Itsy Bitsy Spider", and made up songs! Oh, and it's cute because you sing along to your daddy's worship album and get a lot of the words right!
-Clothes: You love your boots... you didn't at first but now what to wear boots all the time. You really don't complain about any clothing I put on you unless it's itchy!
-Travel: You are a pretty good traveler, as long as you have color books, music, or something to do.
-Play: You love to play with dolls, and put your diapers on all of them! You also love mommy's old barbies and troll dolls... which is funny to watch! You get really frustrated when you can't get things on or off yourself though. I think you are a bit stubborn, so we have been working on asking for help.
You really like playing with other kids, and thrive on it actually! You do well in the nursery or play groups at church because you like the times every week that you get to play.
-You are beginning to be very much a momma's girl. You still have your moments, but you are extra clingy to me lately.. especially since I have been home for snow days. You want to sit on the on the counter while I cook, and stand next to me all the time. ( I will definitely take it because I know someday when you are a teen, you will not want me around so much!)
-You love outside. Still. You always throw a fit when we come in.
-You have started to whine alot... let's be honest, I realize this is the age!!! But, we are trying to stop that when it starts each time.
-You have thrown a few "lay on the floor fits", but overall you are still a funny and spunky sweetie!
-She hasn't had her paci for a while now... but still does get it only in crib to sleep. Surprisingly, she does well without it.
-She is still teething!!! We haven't gotten all of our eye teeth yet. One just popped through this past week, and there are three more to go! Ugh.
-Food: She was a picky eater, but I am hoping this is in the past. The last few days she has eaten like a champ and tried a lot of new foods. Her favorites that have always been a constant are: olives, green bell peppers, green beans, cheese, corn, black beans, spaghetti (homemade only!.. no spaghetti o's!), raisins, dried cranberries/ blue berries, most all fruit, and sometimes chicken. Lately, I finally got her to like Chicken and rice, hamburger steak, and bacon. I am trying to get her to like meat, although I know I am not a big meat eater either... We are adding new things each day. She's growing and healthy, so I am not gonna worry about it too much!

Ok, long post!!! Hopefully I will get to the blogging sooner next time! Christmas is coming soon, so I am sure there will be much fun to post about! Here are some pics:





This one above is the "proof" that she was being a little rascal at our photo shoot! She didn't want to sit down so she was saying "ahhh" while sitting there! lol.





 Christmas decor going up! And below is her first time to gear up and play in the snow! 
She was confused in this picture, but soon didn't want to come inside!



Zoe,
We love you and our family more than we ever thought we could. It's not perfect or always easy, but SO SO worth it. You have always been a joy to us, but we are experiencing so much as you grow and learn things. You are smart, independent, and beautiful. We love you punkin! Mommy and Daddy








No comments:

Post a Comment