Saturday, October 4, 2014

Zoe is 2 1/2!

Well,
Not much change after the last post other than adjusting to the new home, being land lords, and starting back to school. Zoe gets smarter and funnier by the day so I figure it's important to note these little things so that someday we can remember them all!

Zoe, here are some things about you these days:

-You LOVE to sing. All the time, anywhere and everywhere. You definitely love music like your mommy and daddy. We aren't quite sure who your talent will come from yet though! ha! You currently choose to reenact and dance to Frozen songs... along with all of your little toddler friends! You stand by any closed door and start saying "Do you wanna build a snowman", just like the movie and you do this silly giggle at yourself! You also know and recognize all of the worship songs you have heard us listen to and daddy sing. It's pretty sweet because anytime you hear a worship song come on or we have them playing you raise your hands up and start smiling and singing!

-You LOVE sweets. Unfortunately we have to try and not give in to this, but when you do get your sweet treats you enjoy every morsel! You get this honest, I am afraid.

-You talk and you talk clearly! I have never in my life heard a two year old talk as much as you, and actually make sense of everything! I carry on long conversations with you, and you seriously are fun to talk to! Me and your daddy often wonder if you have such a great vocabulary because we talk so much too, ha! But, you love to tell about your day, and what you played with, and who your friends are, etc.

-You love being outstide. Still. This has never changed, Any chance you can to play outside with sidewalk chalk, or ride your toy cars/bikes, you take.

- You are pretty pottytrained. I say pretty because we still have poop accidents! But it's ALWAYS at a Chick-fil-a or play date. Which clearly just tells us that you are social and will not give up your play time to poop! lol

-You still take 2-3 hour naps everyday and sleep at night from about 8:30pm-8 or 8:30 am. We have never complained about your love of sleeping and staying in your crib. You still LOVE your crib and have never fought us about this. Therefore, I know that soon I will put you in a big girl bed, but it isn't because we have to. :)

-You love little babies. Every one of our friends that have little ones know that you want to pat the babies head, or go and sit right in their face and smile at them. We are still working on having you a little brother or sister! Hopefully someday we can let you have one of your own to play with! I am hopeful when we do that you will be sweet and caring to it.... sometimes you scare me when I see you throw your babydolls across the floor or give them spankings! lol

-You eat so much better these days. You still try and tell me everything is too spicy, but you don't realize that I am smarter than you and can trick you into eating things anyway! Your staple foods remain to be black beans, snap peas, corn, green peppers, oatmeal, cereal bars, sometimes mac and cheese, string cheese sticks, peanut butter sandwiches, grilled cheese, and all fruits still. You also still say your favorite food is my spaghetti, and I have recently gotten you to eat chili by telling you it's basically spaghetti without the noodles. :)

-You love learning things and reading. You read books with us and Miss Amy and you like to retell them to us, which is really entertaining! You still like to do things, "All myself." And haven't changed from being Miss independent!

-You are very loving and give THE BEST hugs I have ever had. I tell you they are the world's best. And I can't lie when I say that I cherish those little tight hugs each day! I think daddy might get jealous because I sometimes get more! ;)

-You weigh about 34 lbs and are pretty tall! (I think you are right at 35 inches.) You wear sizes 3-4T and size 7-8 toddler shoes. Your hair is super long and we haven't cut it yet.

-Now that I listed all of the lovely things about this age of yours... here's the flip side! You have a mind of your own, and definitely push your limits! You like to pretend that you are pouting and will lay on the floor to tell us that is what you are doing. You will also purposely be "not smiley" to someone that we want you to say hi to or smile to. lol. If it's not your idea, you will create your own scenario! Also, you throw your fair share of fits. And we have learned we have to be very consistent with you in order for you to turn it around. You aren't phased much by spankings, but you hate time out and no attention! We still do both and try our best, even though you are pretty darn cute when you apologize and pout. Overall, you are honestly my child! Your mims attests to the fact that you act very much like I did as a child!

-Miss Amy still keeps you three days a week and she has been coming to our house to watch you the last several weeks. We love her and you absolutely are loved! Between Miss Amy and your Mims keeping you each week you are loved and cared for and are learning great things from them. We are blessed to be able to work, and know that the hours we are gone you are being loved on!

Ok, one final story to end the post. Here is something that I can share when you graduate highschool to embarrass you! You had some friends over the other week, and you were all playing with your water table and play kitchen on the back porch. We look over and see that you start taking a play shovel to scoop things up. Your little buddies are all helping you, too! One of the other moms starts telling me she thinks it's poop. When I look closer, I see that you have pooped on the patio and have started "cleaning it up" with your shovel to throw it away. OMG! I was in shock and started laughing and freaking out at the same time. I went over and got you and all of the moms started interfering with the kids to help everyone "stay away from the poop!" We got the water hose and hosed down you and the porch and then I got liquid soap and scrubbed the porch floor! After about 20 minutes everything was clean and you look at me and say "It's gonna be ok, mommy. You not need to be worried. It's poop." Oh geez! You are a mess! But, this story sums up your desire for fun and play, rather than pooping on the potty! You are such fun and we love you dearly!


No comments:

Post a Comment