Monday, December 19, 2011
Just the two of us....
Tonight was our Christmas celebration between just Chris and I. We usually like to do our own little thing before we go off to families for the week. It's nice, and just allows us to exchange our gifts and spend some time together. This year though, it was extra special. We spent the entire evening together... We knew that this one would be the last year with "just the two of us." We made a yummy dinner, exchanged gifts, and then we are currently watching movies. ( But, I wanted to blog before I forgot, and Chris is taking a break to "play" with his gifts.) One of the things he got me was the sweetest thing! It is a "mommy" charm bracelet. It has Zoe's birth stone charm, a little baby girl charm, and a little baby carriage charm with little diamonds on it. It's beautiful! Her birthstone is a pretty light blue color... assuming she is born in March when she is due! The thought was just the best part of it... it shows he is getting more and more excited about Zoe coming. Anyway, we each gave some gifts to each other... I got a spa giftcard, sweet bracelet, V.S. giftcard, and a really pretty sweater! He is a good gift buyer for sure! Then, I got him a fire pit, remote control helicopter (partly a joke... but he loves it!), a new coat, and an X-box game ( he has about 3 months to soak up some game time). We went extra all out this year because we know that from now on we will be spending all of our gift money on our baby girl's needs! Although it's going to be different after she is born, it makes me excited. Excited to know that I am really, really thankful that Chris and I get to bring her into this family. I married a good man, and I know that he is a great leader for this family! I can't wait to bring her into it! Christmas is obviously about Jesus... I am thankful for all HE has done for me. I am not deserving, but thankful and blessed. Throughout this season I hope to remember more and more about what it really is about... I also hope to soak up every bit of time with my loved ones! Merry Christmas everyone!!! I am 27 weeks now, but no picture. I will add one soon I am sure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment